Wednesday, 16 January 2008

FEBE for Firefox

I recently got a shiny new laptop, which is great, but usually this means installing and configuring a lot of stuff before it's really a comfortable place to be.  I'm sure this is familiar to most folk.  I expected one of the biggest challenges to be Firefox, as I have a number of plugins, a lot of passwords and the usual bookmarks and preferences. 

Luckily, I found FEBE, a Firefox addin which effectively solves this problem.  The addon can be found on the Mozilla site here, but the author's own site has the latest version - there seems to be quite a big version gap.

To take all of my settings to the new machine I used the 'Full Profile' option in FEBE which creates a single file containing absolutely everything: I did try experimenting with a subset but it wasn't successful.  If you're not familiar with Firefox profiles I strongly suggest reading this section of the FAQ on the author's site and follow the instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment