Thursday, 21 August 2008

97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know

Ran across another one of those 'things every architect should know' sites, via Michael Nygard's blog. I haven't read every single one yet, but my unscientific selection yielded a few really good ones, and one or two I felt were less worthy (and not really architecture-specific anyway). I found myself using the titles to select which ones to read in detail, and this proved a pretty reliable guide to the value of the idea and the quality of the writing.

A side-effect of looking at this list was being asked to sign-up to Near-Time. I haven't yet figured out exactly what this is, but it appears to be a public, Web-2.0 collaborative workspace thingy. As usual, I'm probably way behind everyone else on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment