Friday, 19 September 2008

Ubiquity, and Contrasting Cultures

This is interesting: Mozilla Labs » Blog Archive » Introducing Ubiquity

Watch the video demonstration.  What a great idea, and I'm impressed by how well this appears to work even at the prototype stage. I'm going to install and try it.

But even if it turns out not to be so great an experience for me (demos always work perfectly, don't they?), that's not the point: what matters is that some bright people are doing interesting and worthwhile things and freely sharing the outcome with us, while Microsoft apparently spends its time (and some of its money mountain) on stuff like this.

Links to these two articles were close to each other (can't recall where) and I was so struck by the contrast and what it reveals of the cultural differences that I felt compelled to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment